Well, today was brutal! It rained all night and wouldn’t you know, I woke up to a leaking roof. Luckily it was leaking through the sunroof and into the tub so it could have been worse. It also let me know where to look on the roof for the entry wound (of the leak). I got a tarp out from under some pallets that I have picked up over the weeks and threw that on (no small task alone!) That worked well and I got the leak stopped. Now cold and wet, I went into have something to eat.

After eating, I went back outside to find my charge controller completely submersed in water. I had it sitting in a battery box underneath the camper. Well, the lid to the box had blown off and the box was full of water with the charge controller inside of it. Disheartening to say the least. Anyways, this meant I had to take the wiring off the batteries where it was hooked up. Task complete. For now.

During all of this, my carbon monoxide detector started going off in the camper. I believe this was because of me running the kerosene heater. Anyways, I did not want to listen to it going off after the morning I had been having. I took the battery out and opened the door to air out the camper (the battery is now back in it).

Another thing I needed to get done was find a folder holding all of my families passports, birth certificates, etc. We need this in order to change over all of our information at our new residence. My licence is to expire in 8 days so it is absolutely necessary that I find it. Problem is, it is in a shipping container completely packed! I ripped and tore through that thing for hours with no luck.

Well if it wasn’t for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

Oh, and a skunk was lurking around. So I guess some good luck on that one as I didn’t get sprayed. He would have become mittens if that happened.

If you would like to see a video of this day, you can check it out here:

MBF Newsletter Sign Up

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: